Tuesday, December 7, 2010

E.X.A.M's 'coo-coo'

Final exam is comin' in the next few weeks. I'm gonna start early this time. Have to speed up.
Dont wana go 'coo-coo' anymore like last year. Wana know how crazy i was?
During last year final exam, i was'nt well prepared.. 
Last minute study as usual, But at that time it was really2 last minute till i could'nt finish the portion.
so go 'gila' alone..

One week before exam i called my mom. Entah suddenly i feel like wana drop out school,
Just go back and start with my nasi lemak business..(maybe someday i will become a successfull business woman.. who knows rite...)..i dont care..
I was shaken up thinkin' about the upcomin' exam.. 
Totally freaked out!
I told mom, i'm gonna pack up everything and take a flight on the next day..go home of course. Never turn my back to this place..
To my surprised, instead of comforting me and try to calm me down, she scolded me... hehe...
mestila la kena marah kan..

I asked her 'do you feel embarrass if your daughter quit school all of sudden?'.

Of course 'yes'. what will others think? what will they say? My whole big family sent me to the airport when i first came to india..(macam nak pergi tak balik2 dah. padahal setahun balik sampai 2-3 kali). what will the 'orang kampung' say too rite?
i should have 'jaga' my family's pride.. i should have 'jaga' my pride as the eldest sister too..bangah gonna be a doc in the next 1 year, Anas gonna be an engineer, Hasanah, a physiologist, Alawi might follow bangah's step. But adek wanna be a 'lori sampah driver'. He is so thrilled with the lorry, so if i become the 'penjual nasi lemak' i might have company kan. Takdelah rasa tak pandai sorang ;p

Back to the story..
Then her motherly senses struck her up and she tried to rationalized me..(my mom was a counselor at her previous school)..so she gave few analogies to sooth my emo..she said,

"If u fry a fish in the hot frying pan, some of the hot oil will surely 'percik' on you, but if u didnt do it, you wont be able to eat the fish.  same like studying and sitting for exam, if u didnt give a try, you will never know what you will achieve in future"

ah... That analogy did'nt work for me. "now zaman dah moden, pakailah sarung tangan masa goreng, tapi mase exam pakai sarung tangan pun tak lepas jugak'. i answered..still a bit  'coo-coo'.
I heard my sister laughed through the phone.

So she gave me another one...
"ok there's a big hill in front of you, but to get there you have to cross a bridge first, you dont even dare yourself to cross the bridge, you just simply wana be at the hill. cross la dulu baru tahu...' 

"ye cross la dulu jimbatan tu.." my sister supported from the back. 

yeah it does make sense actually, then i asked her " But how if the 'jimbatan runtuh', i dont even know how to swim? " (poor you mom, have to 'layan' your daughter's craziness)
  
And she repeated  the same thing " cross je dulu, jatuh ke tak jangan fikir, yang penting cuba dulu'.
i felt a little confidence risen in myself . Either i pass or not, i should have given a try. So i told her i will cross the bridge...
Everyday during exam i told my whole family to 'sedekah' me Al- Fatihah... 
And i think my mom woke up every night to do the hajat prayer for me as well...
i studied like 'orang gila'...Lack of sleep, sunken eyes, forgot to eat...just books books and books... 

Alhamdulillah.. i passed, a countless thanks to my family for their courage and doa. To my mom, dad, siblings, friends... million of thanks. I did'nt expect my sister to blow some 'kata2 semangat on me' coz we often teased each other a lot, i always get scolded from her for 'sakat'ing my youngest bro..(reveals my childish act at home)..hehe..thanks sis. i appreciate it,. i will not disappoint you guys anymore. No matter what it takes, I WILL CROSS THE BRIDGE =)




6 comments:

MomoN said...

kenapa analogy parents kita sama?
haha..tapi ayah aku guna jambatan dgn pulau :P

Unknown said...

analogy cikgu2 kut :)

sis said...

cross jimbatan tu duluuu

waa..ceq berasa sungguh takut di saat ini. ceq mimpi dapat result x elok...huhu

bgh said...

jatuh jmbatan takpe. at least kite semua da belajar berenang dgn cikgu pendi. paling koman pon dah boleh renang kuak dada kot.

blk msia nnt belajar free style plak.

ps: xde kena mengena pon dgn pos ko

Unknown said...

tok baru p skali balajq brenang pehtu tok demam...
tok xmau p dah.
cikgu fendi kata tok brenang muka stress.mcm tengah belajau

ayayaya said...

tok dah belajau freestyle
best wooo
banyak minom ayer kolam
balik perut kembung !